The objectives of the Academy are to:
- Promote the development of interest in scientific matters in the state,
- Provide means for publication of papers and abstracts,
- Provide opportunity for increased cooperation and fellowship among its members,
- Cooperate with other organizations having similar aims,
- Render public service in scientific matters,
- Promote the interest in and study of science by the youth of Alabama,
- Provide for and award scholarships to deserving youth of Alabama.
In fulfilling these objectives, the Alabama Academy of Science is devoted to nearly all aspects of science and science education. We invite you to join in our programs and support our activities.
Please see the Winners of the Paper and Poster competitions below.
Congratulations Alexis Jones winner and other ranked finalists of the 2018 Alabama Junior Academy of Science paper reading competition! Thanks to Samford University College of Health Sciences for hosting the outstanding event! L->R Mark T Jones, State Director, Alexis Jones, winner, Lucas Lynn 2nd, Noel Lange 3rd, Madeleine Forbes 4th, and Ritik Arya, 5th.